King George V silver sixpences in this design are from 1911 to 1920
- King George V silver sixpence
- 92.5% sterling silver
- Luxury wedding bride's gift.
- Luxury new born baby gift.
- Luxury good luck gift
- Beautiful design
- Various dates from 1911 to 1920 - please chose from variations
- Sent in a white jewellery box all beautifully packed with care and love
- First class GB postage, tracked and signed.
- Overseas postage - tracked and signed.
King George V Sixpence History
The pre 1920 King George V (1865 – 1936) wedding sixpences range from 1911 – 1920, all of these dates are 92.5% sterling silver.
From 1920 onwards the sixpences had 50% silver in them.
In 1914 the First World War broke out. The King made over 450 visits to troops and over 300 visits to hospitals visiting wounded servicemen.
King George V started the annual Christmas Broadcast by the sovereign to the Empire (more recently to the Commonwealth), the first being transmitted in 1932.
Our Wedding Sixpences
Our sixpences have been circulated throughout Great Britain and overseas territories past and present and as such will have wear and scratches.
They are unique and each one slightly different because of the usage, they all have a story to tell and have survived through World War I, World War II, survived the stock market crash, survived Christmas puddings and the 1960s.
Packaging may change through unexpected shortages. Our high standard will be maintained.
All our silver sixpences have been thoroughly cleaned and carefully packed.
We donate a percentage of our sales to charity, our chosen charity is Cancer Research Wales
Payment is easy and safe with all major credit cards taken.
The White Collection
The White Collection Sixpences consist of:
- 92.5% silver authentic sixpence
- High quality white gloss wooden box
- Coin capsule to keep your sixpence safe
- White carry bag
- White keepsake 40% recycled box lined with luxurious satin.
- Leaflet explaining the tradition