King George VI silver 50% Australian silver sixpence.
- King George VI Australian silver sixpence
- 50% sterling silver
- Beautiful design
- Various dates from 1946 to 1952 - please chose from variations (1952 is rare and the price reflects this) 1952 will come in white packaging
- Sent in a blue jewellery box with a cream jewellery carry bag
- First class GB postage, tracked and signed.
- Overseas postage - tracked and signed.
- An up-grade is available to White packaging
- Safe and secure payment.
King George VI Sixpence History
King George VI 1946 to 1952 Australian Silver sixpence is 50% silver.
The Sixpence dated 1952 is considered quite rare as that year the King died. If 1952 is sold, this sixpence will come in the white packaging free of charge.
George VI became King unexpectedly following the abdication of his brother, King Edward VIII, in December 1936.
A conscientious and dedicated man, he worked hard to adapt to the role into which he was suddenly thrown.
Reserved by nature, and of deep religious belief, he was helped in his work by his wife. He had married Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon in 1923, known affectionately as “The Queen Mother”.
These are lovely Sixpences and would be wonderful as a birthday or anniversary gift
Our Silver Sixpences
Our sixpences have been circulated throughout Great Britain and overseas territories past and present and as such will have wear and scratches.
They are unique and each one slightly different because of the usage, they all have a story to tell and have survived the stock market crash, survived Christmas puddings and the 1960s.
Packaging may change through unexpected shortages. Our high standard will be maintained.
All our silver sixpences have been thoroughly hand cleaned and carefully packed.
We donate a percentage of our sales to charity, our chosen charity is Cancer Research Wales
Payment is easy and safe with various methods.
What will arrive:
- 50% silver authentic Australia sixpence
- Comes in a blue gift box
- Cream carry bag
- Can be upgraded to the white packaging See drop down menu.
- 1952 silver sixpence comes in white packaging.